Thursday, October 29, 2009

It rained and rained all day; it was lovely.


So soccer practice was canceled, and instead we had a nice evening at home.

Now the girls are in bed, finishing up quiet reading time, and once I post this little snippet I'm going to go do some painting. The dishwasher's going, the laundry's mostly caught up, the house is tidy enough and tomorrow I've promised myself (and informed others!) that I'll take the whole day to gather up stuff for the art event on Sunday. I'm very happy and excited about it. I'm even going to get my face painted and everything. And there'll be a parade, and tamales, and we get to dance - possibly in the rain again, like last year - through the gates of Chinatown with a band and banners and there'll be hot chocolate too.

Remind me how sweet life is when I go back into woe-is-me mode.

4 comments:

shara said...

So of course after this post, the girls and I had words with each other; they went to sleep thinking they had the grouchiest mother in the world and I was thinking oh honestly, do I have to do ALL the work around here? And here I am, trying to get my own work done.

But a good night's sleep and everyone is back to normal. I need to remember not to go so hard and get some rest. Today I plan to nap the late morning away; it's a busy weekend coming up.

Guará Matos said...

Lindo blog, maravilhoso!
Amei.
Beijos.

Pauline said...

What is that marvelous tin cut out in the photo?

Daughters always think there's room for improvement in the mothering department.

shara said...

Guara,
Obrigado muito para seu comentário amável. E desculpe por favor a inaptidão desta resposta; it' tradução de computador do S.A., inglesa ao português.

Pauline,
You're so sweet to call it marvelous. But it's resourceful, I'll say that. It's just the tin containers from burnt tea-lights. I can't bear to throw them away, and I burn so many candles, so I take out the little bit of wax and then snip the tin into flowers. I just finished doing a sort of embossing on about twenty of them (not the ones in the picture) with a dulled carving knife. It was a very enjoyable waste of time.