Saturday, July 25, 2009

I can't imagine that I've got much of any consequence to say.



(This could preface many blog posts, couldn't it? Mine included, of course.)

It's not the

connection is the word that comes to mind when I try to hold the idea of what it is I think is best about the way I can sit here nattering on about everything/nothing and

dishwasher's going. sounds companionable. There was a helicopter (I think it was a helicopter. At least I think I remember thinking that at the time, I've forgotten now what it sounded like exactly but I do know it was a sound I haven't heard before. I pay attention to things like the difference in the sound of the mailtruck and the UPS truck and the way our neighbor's truck next door starts up is a distinct signature, or not, not a signature but a song, I suppose, as much as a bird's noise is its song.




Whatever. I don't know where the words come from, and often now I don't bother worrying about why I don't know that, or what it might mean or how it might be interpreted or misinterpreted or completely ignored, not even noticed, what was that over there, did you see it? No, it wasn't there, it was only the shadow of the thought of it that appeared there briefly.

We had dragonflies today in the just-watered garden, sunning themselves and thrilling their wings as they sat on the tops of sticks cut from the little ornamental cherry tree that's grown all crooked. It's been badly pruned, but it wasn't done out of anything other than a lack of something, foresight, patience, something like that.




Tired all of a sudden. Didn't do so much today but did get some things done, and was nice part of the time and kind of grumpy the other part but it was pretty much not such a bad day. Hot though.

7 comments:

Pauline said...

Love these stream of consciousness posts. It's often how my own thoughts go, some rolling from one thing to another seamlessly and then whoosh! there's a big jump and I'm thinking along new lines altogether. I watched two sparrows take a dust bath yesterday as I sat on the back of a motorcycle, waiting for the driver? pilot? (well he's both) to come from the store and thought, Shara would love this!

shara said...

Motorcycle? I've only ridden on the back of one once (frightening, it was with a none-too-sober boyfriend, at night, scared me off them forever, or until I'm brave enough to try again) and in a sidecar once, but who knows? I might try it again sometime, following your spirited example.

adrienne said...

stunning pictures!

shara said...

Thank you, Adrienne, for the kind comment. I think I might love taking pictures even more than I love painting, and that's saying something.

Peter Bryenton said...

Looks to me like this new tool is just right for your eye. Good pictures.

Pauline said...

laughing - I was thinking you'd love the sparrows taking dust baths...

shara said...

Thank you, Peter, I'm enjoying learning the camera.

Pauline, I was so excited today to watch a little brown bird take a bath in the creek. Right in the slanting afternoon light, it was wonderful, and it was so quiet the noisiest thing was the sound of the wings slapping the water. I've never seen a sparrow take a dust bath. Or maybe I have, and I just wasn't paying attention.