Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I had several very good ideas today.

But that was hours ago, and all sorts of things and events have transpired; conspired to cause me to forget those particular shed epiphanies.

But. The idea is energy, and energy cannot be lost, only momentarily transformed, transmitted, transubstantiated.

I'm tired. I unloaded a pickup truck full of gravel yesterday, and spread it out by the shed, swept and brushed and washed out the truck bed (next time, a clever blue tarp before the gravel goes in) and the day before that we had a garden party with a live and very cool band who are friends of ours, and before that it was getting ready for that, and now it's getting ready for the next thing, and the days go by and it's hot, blue skies, popsicles, and don't I wish I could travel back in time and give this whole happy relaxed loving joyful me to the child who suffered the despondent and confused mother. I didn't have any joy of my own then, and now I do. That feels like betrayal some days, and just the way it goes on other days; life teaches, and some of us learn faster than others and some of us

us, me, you. Pronouns are such tricky things.

Anyway, enough of that nonsense. Here's the latest picture of the shed.

3 comments:

MB said...

the ubiquitous "we". sweet shed.

Pauline said...

aha! it looks much like I thought it would - as though I were looking at life through a soap bubble which is a wonderful thing to do!

shara said...

Thank you both. I love my shed. It actually looks much prettier today. Maybe I'll take some better pictures, and a video tour inside and out. I keep wanting to finish all the painting, clean it all up, put in flowers and this and that and candles and hang pictures and so on, and then take some pictures. Maybe even portraits. Or give it to the girls for a playhouse, or to someone else as a greenhouse - with a clear corrugated roof it would be a beautiful greenhouse I think. Or a green room; the band that came and played for us at the party used it as a quiet place to recharge.