Sunday, July 26, 2009

So this new camera is pretty slick, I must say.




And I was briefly setting my heart against loving it, because it's a Sony and not a Fuji like the last two. (The HP was first. 1.3 megapixels, and no video. I still have it, though I suppose I should recycle it or something.)

But. This one can shoot video in sepia or black and white. It doesn't (sadly) have a Kodachrome setting for photographs, though. I do miss that.


The new camera has a slideshow option for reviewing pictures. The sound for video playback isn't good at all, the Fuji was better for that. Overall, though, I'd have to say it was a good idea to buy it.

But the memory card, oh my goodness. Eight gigabytes of picture and video storage. What in the world was my husband thinking? Now how am I supposed to get anything done besides documenting the way the light falls differently on wet gravel than it does on dry, or, oh yes! burst picture taking mode. Like stop motion animation, I love it. So now I'm taking way too many pictures of the cross-eyed Siamese cat who deigns to live with us. I watch him stalking things, the way cats do, and I take pictures of him for long moments a time, in black and white, against the bamboo.

5 comments:

Peter Bryenton said...

With so many features, there just has to be a settings for you to pump up the colour, even if it isn't labelled Kodachrome. Is there a vivid setting? Or a slider for saturation / chroma hiding somewhere in those image optimisation menus?

shara said...

I can't find anything like that, Peter, at least not so far. I think I've got the manual somewhere, I should check that. But I like to just push the buttons and find things out. I changed the language setting, briefly, to Japanese - at least I think it was Japanese. In any case, it made the whole array of menu options seem so exotic and just seeing the display with the unfamiliar characters on it was enjoyable.

Tony said...

I love my new digital camera... It has great picture quality and storage capacity!! I just love it so much!!

lurainpenny said...

Hi Shara!

Glad to have found your lovely spot. That shed is precious - much prettier than where we living right now!

Going to have the lady put up on our pages too - and she may want to discuss photos , pics and snaps with you, as she into that kind of thing now.

Keep sweet, as my old gram used to say, and just a lovely as ever.
Love,
LuRain
x

shara said...

LuRain, thank you the comment and the kind words. I'll post some video one of these days of the inside; it's almost all painted, I've moved out a lot of the clutter, put in a little rug, and it's looking quite homey. Though it was kind of hot in there this past little bit, what with the heatwave and all. You keep sweet, too. The lady who lives with you is more than welcome to email me, I'm an erratic correspondent, but I'd love to talk about pictures.