Wednesday, May 6, 2009

this is the last of the tulips.



I enjoyed every single bloom. they graced the front and back yard, the house and the shed. this one is resting in a glass jar on the shed window. I set it right-side up before I came in for the evening, when it was still dusk outside, and put a solar powered LED to shine on top of it.

if I lean over and peek out the back door I can see the the light filling the jar, and the jar resting on the window-ledge, shining like a plump, satisfied moon.

4 comments:

Pauline said...

a tulip moon! I love the image...

MB said...

you are simply brilliant in concept and execution. i don't know of anyone that could think of or see that combination of items that resulted in the tulip moon. amazing, i wish you could teach me how to do that!

shara said...

thank you both very much, I was quite pleased with the way the whole thing seemed to fit together so naturally. lately I've been doing a lot of flower arranging - this is when I'm not digging with my bare hands in cold muddy water, fishing out stones from a badly designed drainage ditch that has turned into a moat. (I didn't make this particular ditch. and I'm not saying I wouldn't have made similar or even more egregious errors, having only a little familiarity with the principles of water. but I'm thinking I'd have at least had the ditch slant downwards towards the drain.)

anyway. flowers and rocks and mud, that's been my art lately. (and the part about brilliance made me smile, and then I accidentally hit the power button on the computer with my foot, and was left with a blank screen. so that took care of the feelings of brilliance in a hurry. but I'm still appreciative of the compliment.)

Peter Bryenton said...

A British photographer, who once taught me, spent 9 years photographing tulips, in black and white. His book is well worth a look (search for "Tulipomania" by John Blakemore).