Sunday, May 3, 2009

half of the blossoms have fallen from our two ornamental cherry trees.




and the rain and wind the last few days (with beautiful, sparkling, sunny breaks now and then) has hastened the falling. my camera has two splotches on the lens now, and I have gotten quite adept at hiding those with light or colour on photographs, but video is trickier. at some point, a new camera. but there's no money in the budget now for necessary luxuries like that. and if at some point I print something, there's always photoshop to smooth the spots out, I suppose, if I was inclined to that sort of time spent at the computer fixing up pictures - and I'm not. but you can't always do only what you're inclined to do, even if you are a selfish sort, as I am.

"be happy" is the message I've set for myself on my cell phone. before that it was "be kind" and before that, "relax" and I must say, I've got the relaxing part down. being happy and kind takes much more effort, especially on days when I feel weighted down with responsibilities. but I think I'm a better person now than I have ever been, it's a slow and halting progress, but I'm happy with it, or at least I am on those days when I'm inclined to be happy about things. I intend to be inclined that way today, and the sun's out, which helps. (though I have to confess, I have come to quite love the rain.)

4 comments:

MB said...

oh me oh my fantastic header and a lovely slideshow! the Magic Shed is exquisite! I have to say, the window in the side has turned out to be a good idea. and the Cherry is doing what it does best, being Cheery. beautiful post. happy spring (he says as the rain and hail fall...)

David said...

Hi Shara
Wonderful music and photos :o)
Can I put it on calm.com?
David

Pauline said...

this was a wonderful post! Love the new page header, too. Some day I will come west again - how I'd love to see that shed in person!

shara said...

thanks mark, I certainly do love my shed. it's hard to believe sometimes that it was empty and dark at one point. most days it's filled with light, and the shelves in there have glass jars full of all kinds of things: cat whiskers, plant seeds, clothespins, moths, cut up pieces of electrical cords, the usual sorts of things one finds in a garden shed.

hi david, I'm glad you stopped by, and I'd be quite pleased if you'd add the slideshow to calm.com, thank you for the compliment.

pauline, thank you, I'm happy you enjoyed it. someday I'll have my own music to add, and more of a thematic approach to the pictures and video - at the moment it's more whatever comes up, scattered here and there and then a piece of music chosen to fit the length of time the pictures run. (this creates some odd juxtapositions sometimes. but I don't mind odd.) and I hope you and I will sit in the shed someday, drink a nice cup of tea, listen to the birds and watch the bamboo wave back and forth. by then my little drainage ditch may be a koi pond, if I have my way. our cross-eyed siamese cat will be thrilled.