Thursday, November 27, 2008

my mind's a blank at the moment. but I suppose if that were true I wouldn't be posting.



so perhaps it's more accurate to say my mind's a blur rather than a blank. I attribute this to the macy's thanksgiving day parade, or the little we managed to watch of it, the bloated shiny spectacle, the idle chatter, the endless stream of interchangeable overwrought singers.

bleh. it all leaves a bad taste in the mouth, or mine anyway. and a corresponding dullness in the brain. this is why I only watch tv three or four times a year. I'd much rather go paint something.

2 comments:

Pauline said...

I fell the same way about television - the new owners of my cottage had cable installed and sometimes I remember that I have it. Most times the tv is used for watching movies. The noise of the news and all those advertisements makes me crazy. I'd rather read...

Pauline said...

and it's I FEEL. not fell - must be turkey coma induced typing ;)