Wednesday, November 19, 2008

the cat smiles, not because his belly is full of food, but because his mouth is full of song.




what does this have to do with anything? I have no idea. it just popped into my head.

and whatever it has to do with something, it certainly has nothing to do with this poor dog.

though it did make us smile, the costume. and the dog suffered the delight of the crowd with calm disregard. and perhaps he even enjoyed the whole charade, the obvious pun, the clowning.

after all, who even vaguely recalls the man leading him down the street? but the dog is immortal now, as far as I'm concerned. anonymous as he is, as we all are.

3 comments:

nurilhakim said...

Warmest regards, just dropping by..
With a question:
Looking for peace?
Feeling empty inside?
Well,
what do you know about Islam?
Ask me, or visit www.linkstoislam.com.
Take the trouble!Thanx!!

Pauline said...

I think you're right about the cat...

and right again about the immortal dog lol

shara said...

I think I saw the same dog the other day when I went walking downtown. but he was just in a little blue dog-coat this time, nothing with mustard.