Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A rusty old truck, broken glass and a birdhouse. What more could I ask for?




I could have quite happily taken pictures of this old truck for - well. Hours is what I was going to say. Days is probably more accurate. Or years, even. If only I had a rusty old truck of my own to put stuff on, decorate with leaves and spiderwebs and moss, and take pictures of, year after year, in the rain, in the snow, in that almost perfect light in the late afternoon, just after it's rained and everything goes the colour of toffee, but only briefly. I love that light.

3 comments:

Peter Bryenton said...

Love it. Have you seen Troy Pavia's Lost America series? I bought one of his books on abandoned automobiles.

Pauline said...

This post reminded me of William Blake's poem:

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.

shara said...

Thank you both for all the encouragement, and the compliments. I checked out the Lost America link and enjoyed it quite a bit. I haven't been at the computer for days. I really do need to get back into writing regularly; I miss it when I leave it too long, and then I fall out of the habit altogether.