Saturday, July 11, 2009

Today I started painting the concrete wall in front of our house.




This is, of course, after I started painting the living room, kitchen and bathroom walls, the back door, one of the shed doors (they're currently detached from the shed and awaiting an opportunity to go to town) and of course inside and outside the shed here and there, the shed floor, a length of PVC pipe and a few other things I'm sure. I like to paint.

I'm curious to see his reaction when he sees the living room wall. I'll let you know how it goes. I expect a sigh, a smile and a comment like "Honey, you're an artist. There's no denying it."

The shed's getting to more of a finished state, the garage is in the beginning stages, but oh the house and all those white textured walls, and the way the cheap craft paint goes on like cream and dries like chalk, but no, more like velveteen.

2 comments:

Pauline said...

Making mental images in my mind already - can't wait to see if what I imagine you painting is what you really paint. My patio garden reminds me of you - a swirl of color and plants reaching all about with leaf and coil to make a picture...

shara said...

I've seen pictures of your garden, so I'm feeling quite flattered. Now that I've gotten a new camera I'm back in photographic mode, but I'm still painting, and taking pictures of that too, in addition to rusty wheelbarrows and the cabbages after they've been watered and things like that. I'll post some in the next few days and we'll see how closely the picture in your head matches that on the walls here and there. Lately it's very leafy, light and cheerful