Friday, July 10, 2009

According to Wikipedia, this is what autodyne means.




The autodyne circuit was an improvement to radio signal amplification using the De Forest Audion light bulb type amplifier.

It goes on for a paragraph or so like that, but you can look it up yourself if you're interested. So how that definition affects the understanding of the phrase mentioned in the next post, in which autodyne plays a part (oscillating?) I just don't know.

I'm aware it's a glitch in the translation, the transmission, or intended transmission.

I just found it interesting enough to waste some time amusing myself, and I thought it might amuse you as well or at least just puzzle you for a moment, or cause you to smile and say well, autodyne. Now there's a word you don't see everyday. I wonder what the hell it means.

2 comments:

Diane said...

I've no idea what "autodyne" means, but I love visual puns. Is the photo supposed to represent alfresco dining in one's car?

shara said...

Hi Diane. I don't know what the photo is supposed to represent, it's just a picture taken looking out of the window of my shed towards the back of my house. And of course it didn't have much at all to do with autodyne, but I don't worry so much about pictures and text going together. I figure there's a third story there in between the text and the picture, and it's a puzzle some days to figure that story out. Often I don't even try, but sometimes connections present themselves. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. And happy quilting.