Wednesday, June 3, 2009

managed to make it through some difficult days.



so now that I'm feeling cheerful and buoyed by a sense of purpose, I've been quite happily productive in the yard.

no, that's not my house. it's a seafood market beside the bar we go to for the blues jam on some sundays, when we can get babysitting. next to that is a chinese restaurant; we've eaten there and the food is good, with big portions, but my goodness, the bathroom was awful when I went in. I don't think we'll eat there again. it's too bad, too, because the carved fish and dragons by the front door are gorgeous.

2 comments:

Peter Bryenton said...

Blues jam? Sounds good. Bit of a long way for me to travel on a working day though ;)

shara said...

the blues jams sound good some nights, that's for certain. the night I took this picture was one of those nights; the music was funky/jazzy blues, and very good, although way too loud. many guitar players have volume issues.

(the word verification word is uncelarp. it sounds like a kind of vegetable-fish, maybe celery and carp, but the opposite of it. like a looking-glass creature.)