Thursday, May 21, 2009

all of the blossoms have fallen from the cherry trees.



and now that the leaves are full and green, the trees give gracefully moving pieces of shade. the branches have been released from all that pink heaviness, so the wind moves through them more easily.

there seem to be robins everywhere and even a little yellow canary yesterday in the bamboo, for a sunlit moment by the creek. it's coming along.

I'm fond of the phrase "coming along", I've decided. it sounds like progress, but an unhurried kind, in tune with natural processes and principles. I allow myself to imagine a partnership between me and the water, the muck I drag up out of it, the stones I throw into it.

3 comments:

Jess said...

As much as I am enchanted by the fragrance and vivid colors of spring, I'm always fond of landing just this side of the height of full bloom. The way the green sparkles and the earth smells and the sun falls on my skin - it all makes me so happy.

Pauline said...

yes, coming along is a good phrase. It reminds me of a mantra - my good is coming to me now - like seeing that bit of winged sunlight in the bamboo

shara said...

hi jess, I'm happy you stopped by and left a comment. it's another beautiful day today (well. it's a beautiful slightly overcast morning with sun expected in a little while) and it sure feels like summer, no matter what the calendar might say.

pauline, it's like a mantra, exactly. it's a sort of comforting, grateful, challenging thing I say to myself, as I'm working, or sitting thinking, doing the pre-work work. winged sunlight! I like that.