Wednesday, March 4, 2009

experiencing moments of doubt.


but persisting, nevertheless.

if nothing else, this showing of work is providing opportunities for me to develop better work habits.

and yesterday I broke two of the molds, by dropping them on a nice sharp-edged rock by the shed. I'm carving the bits with a pruning saw, the little saw on my multi-tool, a rusty dull woodcarving knife and a copper wire brush.

then glazing them with latex enamel paint and rainwater. then rubbing them with a sponge and some cloth from the ragbag.

a productive enough day, by my account.

2 comments:

Pauline said...

can't wait to see some of these creations!

shara said...

last night I was ready to set them all out in the rain and be done with it, let them slowly dissolve into nothingness.

I think I was just overtired, though, and worrying that I won't get done what I want done in time for sunday. that my ambitions exceed my ability. but I suppose that's better than aiming low.