Thursday, January 1, 2009

I've just looked up both intention and resolution and am pleased to report it was, indeed, intention that best suited the meaning I was reaching for.


in the response to mark's comment on the previous post.

I love when that happens.

is that very odd? do you ever experience similar word-related thrills? it was the same sort of thing as when the bamboo piece this evening slid perfectly into the rolled painted construction paper I had wired to the box I was making. things moving into place, seemingly without effort or intention.

4 comments:

Pauline said...

intention is a marvelous, moving force, is it not? it is the beginning, I think, of creating...

Peter Bryenton said...

We need a single word for "in the grove".

Peter Bryenton said...

Oops, grove = groove

shara said...

I don't know, pauline, it may certainly be. I feel as if intention just flitted briefly across my path and now I'm sitting here, stunned, waiting for it to come back and shake me out of this whatever it is I'm currently caught in. I'd call it inertia, but even that seems too energetic.

groovy, peter.

word verification: nerverie. nervous and reverie, I suppose. though when I first saw it I saw it as neverie. but that's just because I've been such a weepy negative me lately. though it seems as if that's lifting, the heaviness. and I go to a new place tomorrow, to meet someone new, and pick up a bunch of castoff plaster molds I have no idea what I'm going to do with, but I expect I'll carve some of them down to nothing, and set them up by candelight and take pictures no one will ever see. which makes me wonder, why do I do this again? but then I think, well, it's to make you sweet and loving again, so you can peacefully and productively coexist with people and not be weeping and wailing and gnashing your teeth all the time. it's not easy, being an intense person. pity the poor man who married me.