Friday, October 17, 2008

just stopping in to say hello.



it's been a good but long day and it's not over yet, but that's fine. I was told I was a very calming person to work beside. I was quite pleased with the compliment and felt useful and capable, it was a nice mix of internal and external validation.

after school, the girls ran off with their friends to play outside in the meadow at the end of the street. and when I went out to call them home for supper they saw me, before I said a word, and called out mama! and came running, smiling.

now they're watching old cartoons I used to watch when I was a kid, and I'm explaining the references and addressing any sorts of questionable bits. if every generation was a filter removing impurities of thought, just think of the world, the way it could end up to be.

and impurities of thought sounds so uncompromising, doesn't it. oh well. I'm a curious mixture of flexibility and rigidity, a prude flirting.

2 comments:

MB said...

what a nice, big paintbrush!

shara said...

shhh. it thinks it's a broom, and a used up one at that. it has no idea yet of the plans I have for it, now that I've worn it down with usefulness.

and now, I get to paint with it and on it, and someday it will hang on a wall somewhere, and someone passing by it will say what the hell is a worn down painted broom doing on the wall, that's not art!

(and the broom will hear not a word, or, if it hears, it will continue to hang there, undisturbed, useful, and beautiful.)