Thursday, May 8, 2008

waiting sort of patiently for my camera. though I suppose patience is an all or nothing proposition.



so I guess I'm not waiting patiently at all, following that kind of extreme logic, as I seem so often to do.

of course, my grasp of logic is limited to whatever I've taught myself, right or wrong, and what I recall from that one class at university, I loved that class. didn't always understand what the hell was going on, I'll admit that freely. half the time I was tired, or distracted, or

oh whatever, I was something, anyway. that wasn't why I started posting, it was to say I'm really excited about my camera.

though I'm happily taking hundreds of pictures with my painted & battered up one, despite the spot on the inside of the lens. sand? paint? the case is cracked, from a fall, or being banged on something, the poor camera's always slung around my neck or the girls use it sometimes, or I set it down and then wander off and someone sits on it. it's remarkably sturdy, given the stresses it lives under it has done quite well. I'd definitely get another one. especially if they're sensible and keep the same sort of menu, just finetune it a bit, but really, how fancy of a camera do I need? this one's 5.1 megapixels, the one my husband was showing me was 12, honestly, six hundred dollars? so far the only money I've made from any of the tens of thousands of pictures I've taken is five bucks that one night at the bar in texas, for that nice biker couple. and those were out of focus, but artistically, you know.

anyway. the cameraphone's not so bad, once you learn to work within its particular constraints. this is from the shed tonight.

2 comments:

Pauline said...

love the way the shed changes and how a little wind and rain won't matter. The photo with this post reminds me of a romantic Victorian painting...

shara said...

thank you pauline, lately all the pictures I like the best have been taken in very low light. and in the shed today, in the late afternoon, I was playing with the "fireworks" setting, and moving the camera during the long exposure, and the results were pretty in an odd kind of way. the shed's a constant source of comfort and delight.