Tuesday, September 30, 2008

the other night we sat around the fire with the neighbours.


and of course I had my camera. battered and worn though it is, it is my almost constant companion. the first ten pictures or so were taken by my eight year old daughter, who's seen me doing similar things before; she slung the camera around her neck and painted with it, her face glowing, happy to be sitting up at night with the grownups.



I have the idea to print out some of these pictures and combine them somehow. when I see them one after another I see the places they could fit together, and if they were printed on paper that I could draw on, well. imagine what could result.

and if after all that time spent, nothing of any use or beauty was realized, well again. it's the pursuit of the idea that thrills. any product along the way is just encouragement to continue searching for an ultimate meaning and my own small purpose, whatever it might be, whatever I might choose it to be.

2 comments:

Pauline said...

perhaps we ought not be searching for ultimate meaning and instead, realize that just being alive is unexplained meaning enough. then we get to let go of it, at least with one hand, and forge ahead with our own intentions, giving life our own meaning as we go along. what do you think?

shara said...

what do I think? I think you're a wise woman, and that I'm lucky to know you, however distantly.