Tuesday, May 13, 2008

a cup of tea in the shed.



with flowers, birds singing and some rain but nothing serious. and later this week it's supposed to be very hot, in the 90s.

now, though, time to sleep. too much time sorting through old pictures, and some deleted now, but oh the mountains of them. if they were prints I'd pack them in boxes and take more. if they were prints, mind you, I'd have been bankrupted long ago by the cost of them.

a new hard drive, maybe. and more restraint in the future.

don't laugh. it might happen.

(I agree with you, though. it's hardly likely.)

5 comments:

Canbush said...

Gorgeous! Love the colours and the shapes, particularly the diagonals - always been a big fan of diagonals.

shara said...

thank you, the choice of the image was inspired by your comment, though I didn't have lavender. but if you look very closely at the edge of the black latex enamel paint bit at the bottom right, there's a glint of what looks to me like a purple of some sort, and maybe (though I think it might be too pink) some purple in the cup's shadow, at about 8 or 9 o'clock of the cup, I can't remember exactly where it is, and that page is closed at the moment. I could open another one to check but I like only having one page open at a time.

shara said...

o'cup, I suppose I should have said. "o'clock of the cup" is like saying "with au jus", as many americans (and I imagine, many people from other non-french speaking countries) do.

Pauline said...

forget restraint - just learn to cull ;)

shara said...

you know, pauline, it's funny. I can edit someone else down to next to nothing. and I can do it to myself, too, with words - though this may be hard to believe, the way I go on. but with pictures, I'm lost. I have a hard time getting rid of anything, because each one to me is so different, even if the change is almost unnoticeable to anyone else. and I suppose it doesn't help that I take them for so many different reasons, or see so many possibilities in them. in some ways it's a blessing when I accidentally delete a bunch.