Monday, June 29, 2009



So Adam and Eve were sitting around the table one night playing dice and Adam says to Eve,

or Eve to Adam, or Adam to Steve; it depends who's telling the story on this particular night, and what brand of snake oil is being offered for sale, but in any case some someone says to some other someone else:

"What's that over there, sliding through the tall grass?"

And then the someone being asked looks away, and says, "Oh yes, that. I thought I told you about that, didn't I tell you about that?" and then he or she smiles and asks if the someone asking about the snake would like to try a piece of pie.

I don't know how the world was made. But I have theories about all sorts of things.

4 comments:

MB said...

ok, this made ice coffee come out of my nose, what a PERFECT story for this afternoon! and such a teaser, give us MORE! Write a book already, and illustrate it yourself (that is one spectacular drawing!) Ok, if not a book, please, at least a 'zine---in fact i'm publicly offering to compile it for you if you'll write and draw and send me the pages in the mail...it would be quite the collectors item! AND here's what i think, not that you asked, but i'm gonna challenge your readers: if everyone can convince her to do it, i'll post images of the original master copy and we'll hold a little lo-fi auction of the piece and 100% of the proceeds go to shara to fund more projects! Galleries? we don't need no stinkin' galleries...

shara said...

Thanks, Mark. I've been making notes about various characters in notebooks for so long now, and drawings, song lyrics, philosophical ramblings, poetry, things like that, and now maybe seeing as how I'm not currently taking pictures unless I just can't bear it, I'll have time to compile some things and send them off, and you can make them into something. But I think if you're doing half the work it would only make sense for you to get half of any proceeds, if you chose to market the end result.

As far as galleries go, they're businesses and institutions much like other businesses and institutions I suppose, and they're in it for the profit as well the desire to build something, and I'm sure most of them are kind, and undoubtedly some of them are involved in displaying & selling art for the delight of making a connection between art-maker and art-lover. Like a matchmaker, sort of. Which reminds me, I have to put Fiddler on the Roof on my Netflix list. I just sent back Baran. It was good.

Anonymous said...

where did tatz go?

shara said...

She's too busy doing things to blog I suppose. I get the same way sometimes, too busy doing to be documenting.